Lightning strike causes house fire.

August 27, 2018

Lightning strike causes house fire.


HART TOWNSHIP — A lightning strike from Sunday night’s thunderstorm sparked a fire that caused extensive damage to a large home at 1902 Young Road.

The home, owned by Eric Knobel, is insured, said Fire Chief Jack White of both Hart Area and Shelby-Benona departments.

The roof of the 7,000-square-foot home’s indoor pool area collapsed into the pool, said White. The home sustained smoke, heat and water damage in a downstairs rec room and the upstairs master bedroom and bathroom, he said.

“The fire got up into the attic,” White said.

Furniture in the home, including a pool table, couch and TV, were destroyed.

Firefighters from Hart Area, Shelby-Benona, Pentwater, Ferry Township, Grant Township and Walkerville responded to the blaze. They were dispatched to the scene shortly before 10 p.m., and the scene was cleared at approximately 3 a.m.

No one was injured.

This story is copyrighted © 2018, all rights reserved by Media Group 31, LLC, PO Box 21, Scottville, MI 49454. No portion of this story or images may be reproduced in any way, including print or broadcast, without expressed written consent.

Tags: , , ,

Area Churches

Eats & Drinks

Eats & Drinks