Family of 6 loses home following Weare Township fire.

February 12, 2017

104th ave fireFire destroys trailer.

By Allison Scarbrough. Editor.


WEARE TOWNSHIP — A family of six lost their home when their trailer was destroyed by fire Sunday afternoon, Feb. 12, in the 6400 block of 104th Avenue near Monroe Road.

imageThe American Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the family, which includes children ages 6, 5, 2 and 6-months-old, said Hart Fire Chief Jack White. The displaced family, which safely escaped the fire, is staying with family members, White said.

The fire was dispatched at approximately 4:30 p.m.

“It didn’t take long to knock down,” the chief said. The strong winds pushed the fire south, completely destroying the approximate 12-by-70 foot mobile home. White said the fire started at the north end of the dwelling in the vicinity of the bathroom and utility closet. It’s possible it may have started in a clothes dryer, he said.

image“Wind was definitely a factor,” White said. Four thousand gallons of water were used to extinguish the blaze.

A barn nearby was saved by the firefighters quickly attacking the east side of the home.

The family was renting the mobile home, and White said he did not believe they had renter’s insurance.

Crystal Township Fire Department assisted the Hart Area Fire Department.

No other information was immediately available.

This story and photos are copyrighted © 2017 by Media Group 31, LLC and may not be reproduced without its expressed written consent. Please see Use Terms on this page for more details.

Tags: , ,

Area Churches