2 people sick, carbon monoxide ruled out at Double JJ

October 29, 2014

dbl jj -1dbl jj -3By Allison Scarbrough. OCP Editor.

GRANT TWP. — Two people became ill at the Double JJ Resort’s Sundance Saloon Wednesday morning, Oct. 29, but fire department officials ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning.

“We didn’t find any carbon monoxide,” said Grant Township Fire Chief Roland Brooks. “We looked all over and none was found.”

The fire department and Oceana EMS were called to the scene at 8:31 a.m. Ambulances left the scene at approximately 9 a.m., and fire personnel cleared the area at 9:23 a.m.

dbl jj - 2Resort staff said no one was taken by ambulance, and those who were ill sought their own treatment. The building was evacuated when the call was toned out, but people were allowed back inside shortly afterwards.

Double JJ General Manager Dave Alvarez said he had “no comment.”

According to emergency radio traffic, carbon monoxide was initially suspected because two separate calls were received. Central Dispatch indicated that one of the subjects collapsed, initially suspecting that it was due to a lack of sleep. A person at the scene who did not want to be identified said he was told the illnesses were due to “dehydration.”



Area Churches

Subscribe to OCP via email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 12,807 other subscribers